Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Her Name will be Danielle

Hello Family and son,

Today we went to see N*** again, she came out running to see us. We were able to play for about 2-1/2 hours before she had to go eat lunch. We were able to talk to her caretaker today. A nice lady who knows her well. We gave her caretaker extra toys for the children in N***'s group, she was surprised and very happy to have the toys. She only wanted to be sure that I would not want them all back when we come back for N***. I told her they were gifts. N*** has been getting one gift per day from us and now all the children in her group have a new toy. When I took N*** back to her group yesterday, I saw shelves full of stacking cups and stacking rings. I will not be leaving the rings and cups because it looks like every adoptive parent brings those two toys, I am glad I have some other toys to leave with the group. I told the caretaker the only things I would like back are N***'s blanket I will be leaving for her and two disposible camera's I left today. I told her I would appreciate if she could go through the pictures with N*** on a regular basis. She seemed to understand completely the importance of the blanket and cameras and agreed to go through N***'s picture book with her. The rest of the toys belong to the group, unless N*** chooses a favorite. We had so much fun with N*** today. She added a new twist to our hugging game. She began to walk around our backs and play a type of peek-a-boo/hide and seek hugging game. She loved when I drew around her feet, so I did it twice. I also did her hands.

After we left the baby home, we went into Vladivostok to have our acceptances notarized and apostilled, then off to the MOE to drop off the forms. Now that we have signed her acceptance, we will start calling her by DANIELLE, the new name we will be giving her. We hope to see Danielle for our last visit tomorrow. The social worker will be interviewing and observing us play with Danielle so she can make a favorable submission to court. My only concern is that David has just come down with full blown cold symptoms and I have a scratchy throat. I hope we will be able to see Danielle, we video taped todays play time, so we can show the Social Worker the tape if necessary. We want to see Danielle again.


David we love and miss you very much. Hugs and kisses to all the kids.

See you soon,
Debbie and David

No comments: